- Acrylic Landscape Workshop with Melissa Gannon
Acrylic Landscape Workshop with Melissa Gannon
July 29th 10am-1pm
Instructor: Melissa Gannon
Create a luminous painting of Mt Hood using acrylic paints. Class will talk about color unity, color mixing, composition and layering to create depth. Reference photos will be supplied. Bring your painting supplies. Beginners are welcome!
WHAT TO BRING
- Acrylic paint: yellow, red, blue, gray, white (specifically I used: Benzimidazole yellow light, quinacridone crimson, titan green pale, neutral gray, ultramarine blue, titanium white) Substitutions are fine and colors can be mixed from basic red, yellow, blue, gray and white.
- Airbrush medium
- Gloss glazing liquid (doesn't have to be gloss) (I use airbrush medium and gloss glazing liquid instead of water to thin the paint. If you want to use water that is fine.)
- paper plates to use as palettes
- painting surfaces at least 12" x 12" (can be wood, canvas or paper. You might want to put a coat of gesso on paper if that's what you're using.) Bring at least 2 supports.
- 3/4" and or 1/2" flat brush
- #4 flat brush (basically I have 3 sizes of flat brushes with the biggest being 3/4". You can use whatever you're comfortable with.)
- A small brush to sign your name if you want.
- water container---we need to put paint water outside and not down the drain. If we can't put it outside you will need a container with a lid to take your paint water home.
- Sketchbook or extra paper to experiment on
- an easel if you prefer to paint that way.
- something to cover the table with to protect it from acrylic paint
- paper towels
Location: Silverton Art Center Classroom