- Window Collage and Painting Workshop
Window Collage and Painting Workshop
June 10th 10am-4pm
Instructor: Glenda Goodrich
In this fun and light workshop we will explore true mixed media. Combining paint, papers, stenciling, and Posca pens, we will create pieces ranging from whimsical to serene, from birds to bouquets. Come engage in this critic-free environment that encourages relaxed playful expression. No drawing or collage experience needed. Please note we will break for lunch for about 30-45 minutes.
WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS:
- Fluid Matte (if you want non-shiny) or Gloss (if you want shiny) medium; the best brands are Golden and Liquitex.
- Substrate (backing) for your art which can be: stretched canvas, art board or canvas board; Recommend 12” x 12” or 9” x 12"
- Various papers for collage including some light, medium and dark tones; handmade and scrapbook papers work well, and old sheet music and maps are great.
- Acrylic paints – 5-7 colors that you like, including at least one lighter and one darker tone. A couple of the paints should be transparent fluid acrylics. You can tell they are transparent if the black bars show through the paint example on the label (on the Golden brand).
- Stencils with larger cut-outs that can be easily traced around to create open spaced windows for the collage to show through.
- Small old brushes for spreading the matte or gloss medium.
- Brushes for painting including one wide (1” or so) flat brush and one smaller flat or round and a one very small brush.
- Paper and pencil for sketching designs.
- Various permanent pens that can write on dried acrylic paint surface to create final detailing on artwork: e.g., Sharpies, Posca pens, Molotow markers, etc
- Black or dark blue Stabilo or other brand water-soluble pencil.
- Baby wipes.
- This is an all day event, so please bring your lunch
Please bring the above materials
Location: Silverton Art Center Classroom