Window Collage and Painting Workshop
October 15, 10am-4pm
Instructor: Glenda Goodrich
In this fun and light workshop we will explore true mixed media. Combining paint, papers, stenciling, and Posca pens, we will create pieces ranging from whimsical to serene, from birds to bouquets. Come engage in this critic-free environment that encourages relaxed playful expression. No drawing or collage experience needed. Please note we will break for lunch for about 30-45 minutes.
Please bring the below materials OR a $25 material fee. If you choose to pay the fee and have GG supply materials for you, please notify her when you register at email@example.com and she will provide materials for you.
WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS:
- Fluid Matte (if you want non-shiny) or Gloss (if you want shiny) medium; the best brands are Golden and Liquitex.
- Substrate (backing) for your art which can be: stretched canvas, art board or canvas board; Recommend 12” x 12” or 9” x 12"
- Various papers for collage including some light, medium and dark tones; handmade and scrapbook papers work well, and old sheet music and maps are great.
- Acrylic paints – 5-7 colors that you like, including at least one lighter and one darker tone. A couple of the paints should be transparent fluid acrylics. You can tell they are transparent if the black bars show through the paint example on the label (on the Golden brand).
- Stencils with larger cut-outs that can be easily traced around to create open spaced windows for the collage to show through.
- Small old brushes for spreading the matte or gloss medium.
- Brushes for painting including one wide (1” or so) flat brush and one smaller flat or round and a one very small brush.
- Paper and pencil for sketching designs.
- Various permanent pens that can write on dried acrylic paint surface to create final detailing on artwork: e.g., Sharpies, Posca pens, Molotow markers, etc
- Black or dark blue Stabilo or other brand water-soluble pencil.
- Baby wipes.
- This is an all day event, so please bring your lunch
ABOUT THIS INSTRUCTOR:
Glenda Goodrich (“GG”) is a mixed media artist, art doula, and trained SoulCollage® facilitator who lives in Salem, OR. GG got her experience in mixed media through mentoring with professional artists and self-taught experimentation. She enjoys helping others find their journey toward wholeness through creativity by teaching SoulCollage®, mixed media collage, mono-printing, paper arts, shrine assemblage, and other workshops that focus on one’s unique artistic expression. Her students describe her teaching style as welcoming, open, warm, and supportive.
Through GG’s teaching and guidance people find simple joyful ways to awaken creativity and find passion in life. She has taught mixed media classes at The Art Department Supply Store, Chemeketa Community College, Keizer Art Association, Mt. Pisgah Arboretum, the Newport Paper Arts Festival, Runaway Art & Craft Studio, Journeys, Center for Your Soul, and in her home studio in Salem. In addition, she has led retreats at Breitenbush Hot Springs and the Alton Collins Retreat Center. Her book, Solo Passage: 13 Quests, 13 Questions is forthcoming in Fall 2023.
GG has shown work at The Elsinore Gallery, Salem Art Association, Keizer Art Association, The River Gallery, Westminster Presbyterian Church, Southminster Presbyterian Church, Lunaria Gallery, Currents Gallery, and at the Ashland Art Center. You can see GG’s work on her website: www.glendagoodrich.com
Please bring the above materials or a $25 material fee
Location: Silverton Art Center Classroom