- Watercolor Landscape Workshop
Watercolor Landscape Workshop
April 22, 2023 10:00am-1:00pm
Instructor: Melissa Gannon
Paint a beautiful spring time landscape in watercolor with Melissa Gannon. Class will talk about color mixing, composition, textures and mark making. A reference photo will be provided. Class includes instructor demo. Please bring supplies.
WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS:
Paints: (Please bring tube paints in the tubes as well as your palette. If you already have paints just bring those.)
White gouache or Chinese white
1.5 inch wash brush (you can use a foam brush instead) half inch flat brush
A small brush to sign your name
#6 or #4 round brush if desired
Paper: 140 pound (or heavier) cold press 100% cotton • make sure that it is 100% cotton!!! Please bring several pieces of paper to work on. Size is up to you but at least 9" x 12".
- A sketchbook for practicing — the Canson mixed media sketchbook works well as it’s made of heavier paper.
- Water containers
- Small spray bottle
- Piece of foamcore board to use as a support for your paper—You might want several of these for more than one painting at a time.
- A rag or paper towels for wiping your brush
- Pencil and eraser
- A small amount of salt for special effects.
Bring Your Own Materials
Location: Silverton Art Center Classroom